• You do not need a big or expensive book or modeling portfolio.
• You do not need experience, in fact it can sometimes hurt you.
• You do not need to be 5'9" to be a commercial model (but you do to be a
• You can become a fashion model without spending money, even without a
• College can be very helpful, especially for commercial models, actresses
Agencies want to see what you really look like which is not what photographers want for their books. With fashion agencies, "Polaroids" are what they want to see.
We take them upon request at CAT-Shoots and create Digital Polaroid Contact Sheets to submit to agencies. However, you don't need to book a shoot with us to get these important images. We'll show you how to take them yourself.
• Identify which genre of modeling you are qualified inside the blog.
• Learn and practice positioning, also in the blog. Don't confuse this with posing.
• Use the step by step instructions on taking your own "Polaroids" above.
We're also happy to speak with qualified talent and answer questions when time permits and do not charge to do so.
Getting signed on your own takes patience and persistence. Take the time to read these things, they will definitely help you!
At CAT-shoots we get you the right type of images to submit to agencies. For the uniquely qualified, we may submit you to Click Models or Flick Talent (our agencies of choice).
We also help you identify your proper and best genre so you have direction and help help you with positioning.