Teen models | Teen Modeling Agency
Teen models are broken into two categories: Young teen models 14-17 years old, and those 18 and 19 who can legally sign contracts and work on their own. There are other distinct differences. For example, teen models under the age of 18 are not supposed to pose provocatively regardless of if they are nude or not. The U.S. government, with good cause passes laws to protect younger teen models from doing things that are age-inappropriate. Without such laws unscrupulous people would be pushing teen models to do things they may later regret.
- If you're a teen model that has turned 18, you should seriously consider if you are going to cross those lines or not. Many industry "insiders" try and push teens hard to engage in shoots they should never take part in. This is not for the benefit of the model though.
- Teen modeling can be a great adventure with glamorous shoots in exotic places. Teen models signed to the better agencies can expectto walk runways in cities like London, Paris and Milan, not to mention all the upcoming markets with their own fashion weeks now.
- Teen models should consult with their parents' about their modeling careers even after becoming of legal age to make their own decisions as there are many potential pitfalls ahead.
How do you start as a teen model? We recommend reading about our shoots in the teen modeling portfolio section first.
Teen Models Learning
Teen models often want to emulate their older peers when it comes to thei rportfolios. However, what works for an adult model, may not be appropriate for a teen model. Wardrobe selection, poses, even backgrounds must often be different.
Teens often ask us, "don't I need to have sexy pictures in my portfolio to get signed?". The answer is no. Teen models don't need more than simple Polaroids to get signed.
Another common question we get from teen models is "how do I get a portfolio together" You may not need as much as you think! Once you get signed by a modeling agency, they will help you get most of what you need.
How do you know if you found the right teen model agency? There really isn't such a thing. There are agencies with specialized "junior", "development" or "new faces" boards, but the agencies you want to sign with are the big brand names fashion agencies.
Teen Modeling articles
Learn about teen modeling in the big city at: New York and teen models New York New York is the modeling capital of the nation, and arguably the world but it can be challenging for a new teen mdoel to naviagte.
Many teen models don't want, or cannot leave home yet. So what do you do? Teen modeling goes on in many other cites as well, just not professionally: Being a teen model in your home town
What does college have to do with teen modeling? Lots! Read: College and teen models
Teen models need to look out for: Challenges for teen models
Don't fall for one of these old scams: Modeling schools and teen models
So you're 16, a teen model, and know just about everything right? Wrong! Parents' of teen models
Many teen models won't reach the height required to be a fashion model. Is all hope lost? Not even close: Teens hosting and acting
1. Read more age appropriate for teen models
2. Read more about sexy teen models
3. Read more about teen model portfolios
4. Read more teen model agencies